The Internet, a resource of such immense usefulness and equally filled with limitless sources of distraction for your staff diverting their attention away from your business.
Take back your Internet
Sherr Technologies offer web filtering solutions based on Symantec Technology which allows you to passively monitor or actively block access to the Internet from your IT environment. With various sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and countless other distracting services easily accessible it is quite easy to lose valuable staff time. According to several recent studies including one conducted by Kansas State University up to 80% of staff working hours is spent browsing on the Internet for non-work related content, the situation even has a name, 'Cyberloafing'. Can you afford to pay your staff for 20% of their attention?
Web filtering from Sherr Technologies protects your network from unwanted traffic and intrusion by checking web pages for Trojans and other malware which accidentally downloaded by careless browsing could infiltrate your internal network leaving it open to attack or destruction.
More concerning is the browsing of adult content, content of a disturbing nature and illegal downloads. Unchecked, your Internet connection which you installed for business purposes can become a hive for illegal downloads and file sharing leaving your organisation liable to prosecution for distribution of such material from within your network
Our Web filtering solution allows you to
- Passively track usage of the Internet by staff
- Block access to websites based on categories such as Social Media, Advertisement, Adult content etc...
- Set granular restrictions which allows trusted users access to restricted content, or full web access at specified times of the day
- Detailed Audit reports of Internet usage on a per user basis
- Control media and content types (e.g. videos) to reduce the risk of Trojans or malware infiltrating your network
- Easily recoup the cost of wasted staff time browsing non-business related content
If you want to take back control of your network and reduce the risk of becoming a statistic, contact us so we can demonstrate the usefulness of this tool